Monday, September 28, 2009

The Wings

Since of few out there commented on the wings, I would like to share a little about them. I really wanted to make wings with wire and tights, but that seemed like a lot of work and money. So I decided to do them out of poster board (whick I had leftover from and old project) and have the girls decorate them with tissue paper and rhinestone stickers. The tissue paper turned out cool because when you overlapped colors the one under would show through. And the tissue paper would crinkle a little when gluesticking them on making them look more like dragon fly wings or butterfly wings. Here are some pictures a few weeks before the party of Darcy trying them on. The ribbon I had too. So I spent $6 on 3 packs of gems, and $3 for tissue paper.






This was a budget birthday all the way. All her gifts from us were from goodwill (we have a great goodwill). It was a fun challenge to do it on a budget. The magic wands were $.33 suckeers from Party City with ribbon. And the crowns were confetti garland with ribbon. For music I made a CD using music we had. For activiues we did bubbles, water painting, dancing, and decorating a birdhouse. For food we had sandwiches cut with a flower cookie cutter, carrot stick turned into magic wands, fruit, juice, candy, and cookie bars instead of cake. Eggless of course.

I used the flower fairies website for other ideas. It was so fun to plan. I am wondering if we should have a flower fairy reunion sometime and try to do a few things that didn't work so well at the party. Maybe I should just move on.

No comments: