Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do You Fight?

Now don't read too much into this. I was simply pondering this question last night and I thought to put it to a vote. Do you and your spouse fight and what do you fight about? Jayne and I have never had outright screaming matches but we've disagreed on occasion over a variety of things. If you do fight, what is the most common thing you fight about? Please vote for the top 3 things you have disagreements about. Don't worry, I won't know who you are unless you leave a comment saying, "We fight about this and that."

6 comments:

adrienne and ryan said...

Well, I'm not going to tell you what Ryan and I fight about because we are the perfect couple and never fight. :) But I always remember my sister saying, "I don't even remember what there is to fight about before you have kids."

Mauri said...

Truthfully, we are not fighters. The only contention we have in our marriage comes when we go home...trying to make everyone happy. Weird that in trying to make everyone else happy, that we end up making each other sad...makes us wonder if living close to home would be a good thing or not. I wish we could see into the future and find out if we would be fine living close as we would be there all the time and so we wouldn't be a novelty or if we would be contentious more...glad we don't have to make that decision for many years. ;)

Pauly said...

I voted on the poll. I can only remember one fight so I voted on our top 3 disagreements:

In-laws
Video Games
Money

stevenellie said...

No yelling here at the Goode's, just avoid when annoyed. I only really get annoyed/upset with Steve when he tells how to feel or act. Not sure anyone likes that. We also have the problem your friend Mauri has when visiting my family. We see Steve's more often and they are more laid back than mine.

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I'm sure we will fight about parenting style but don't really have the option right now. I think fights are good as long as you can forgive and forget when they are over. They are actually fun to smooth over. The fights most likely come when one of us, mainly me, is hungry after a long day, or when we were in moments of high amounts of stress, like before upcoming exams, and then lastly accusations of not loading the dishwasher or not doing something in the moment it is requested. I'm the bad guy mainly. How's that for honest?

Nate and Lori said...

Nate and I sure have a lot of discussions and then we've been known to have a few knock em down screaming matches. I think thats what happens when you get two completely stubborn and opinionated people together. it works for us though. We always know how each other feel and never have to wonder. all I know is that we fight a lot less now than we did when we were first married.