Sunday, May 3, 2009

Farewell BBQ


The Parkinson's and Rush's were kind enough to organize a BBQ for the Lundberg's and us. Lots of our friends we have made here in MD came to socialize and consume some good eats. Thanks guys for putting it together.

Honestly, we are sad to leave all these good friend behind. I remember my Aunt Daynia saying before we moved out here that college is the time where you meet the friends you will have for the rest of your life. While we'd love to meet more fine people in this world, I certainly have seen that come to pass as we put a close out our "college years". The caliber of families that we have met here in the Eldersburg ward has set the bar pretty high for whoever else comes along hereafter.

What I believe has made it so is the fact that we are all pretty much in the same boat, mostly students or just starting out in our careers (like government) so there is no real class distinction. Money and standard of living hasn't really come into play yet. Additionally, while we are all busy with school, I believe we all had a little more time to play and socialize since we are not bogged down with our practice, or kids activities and what not.

So while I won't take the time to list everybody, just know that if I talk to you at all, even if our families haven't really spent a lot of time together, I consider you my friend and will miss you as we close our time in Maryland. Jayne echoes my sentiments as well.

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

We'll missyou guys too! And sorry we missed the bbq...we went fishing and lost track of time. lame excuse, i know, but true.

The Long Family said...

Good luck to you guys! You are such a great family and I hope CA is good to you!!!

Sheryl said...

We are sad you are heading out--but I guess we all really do have to "grow" up sometime! You will do great wherever you are! We'll miss ya.