
You may have seen commercials for the movie
Earth by "Disneynature". Sure it looks great and the footage looks fantastic.

I just noticed today they have another movie coming out on Earth Day next year entitled
Oceans. Again, it looks great. But why should you have to pay to go to the theater now or wait until next year to see these great movies when you can just rent...

Honestly, the footage that Disney is using for these films is the exact same footage used in Planet Earth. I'm talking carbon copy. They are not stealing it by any means. In fact, the BBC, who shot Planet Earth, is a co-producer of the film. So I highly recommend that you either rent or buy Planet Earth if you are at all interested in these films. Planet Earth is a 11 or so hour mini-series highlighting all of the natural habitats of our world. It is well worth it.
4 comments:
The only reason I can see is for us who have a small non HD tv to be able to see it on the big Imax screen in HD. But if you have a TV like Dad's with a Blue-ray player I agree with you.
Yeah, I can agree with that.
Love the Blue-ray and Planet Earth. Just watched a few episodes on Sunday.
I love that show it is really great.
Post a Comment