So I've been on a bit of a retro kick the past week or so and have found sound great "old school" new games to bide my little free time (I am trying to be super husband afterall). The first game is called Castle Crashers. It just came out last week on Xbox Live Arcade. XBLA is a big reason I bought and Xbox. Small developers (or big ones) can make Arcade style games, complete with online multiplayer, leaderboards, etc. and charge like $10-$15 for great titles. Castle Crashers is a beat-em-up akin to the Ninja Turtles Arcade or Final Fight games from back in the 80's. This can have up to 4 players on the same console or online. Thus far, I'm loving it. Below is a trailer.
The next game is a remake of a hard as nails game I played back in the days of the original Nintendo. Bionic Commando: Rearmed is as true of a remake as you can get. Still super hard and leaving all the original gameplay elements like no jump button even. Plus, they crammed in a ton of extra content worthy of a full-priced game ($60 nowadays) and only charged $10 for it!
Trailer below. Come on over if you have an itch for some retrocity.
No comments:
Post a Comment