Sunday, August 3, 2008
Glad I'm not Single
In case you didn't know, I'm living with a bunch of guys who go to the local LDS single's ward. It has been interesting to be in this environment again. So anyways I come home from dinner at the Weeds (thanks Weeds!) to find a parking lot in front of the house. I walk in to find a bunch of guys and gals watching a movie up on the projector wall (they have a 1080p projector that goes up on a 13x9 white wall. Want!) watching a waste of High Def. It was Pride and Prejudice. You'd think with a daughter named Darcy Elizabeth I would know that but I didn't. Anyways, it was just another reminder of why I don't miss the single life. These poor guys subjecting themselves to this and laughing at parts no less. They can't possibly be enjoying it. They only have to appear to do so to impress the ladies. Thankfully those days are behind me. And if Jayne is reading this, disregard this paragraph and I can't wait to watch P&P when I get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Man up AJ! P&P is a classic and I pity anyone who doesn't enjoy watching it.
I like the story. I read the book and even love all the loose adaptations of it found in Hollywood (and Bollywood). I draw the line at watching the 6 hour A&E version however. That's all I'm saying.
wow, they were watching the A&E version!? I assumed you were talking about the new one they made. I understand better your point...i did however watch the 6 hour version ONCE with a single guy...and lets just say, it was the first of many things he did to try to show me he wanted to be more than friends....so i don't think any guy in his right mind would watch that show if it weren't for the motivation to have a cute girl sit with him for 6 hours...
the end
That's how I can tell how much a guy really likes me, if he is willing to sit and a Jane Austin movie :)
I just realized you guys should have a little boy and name him Austin, only because then you would have a Jayne, a Darcy Elizabeth, and an Austin, and maybe throw in a Bennett there for a boy too, that would be funny :)
Smart guys. I have to admit I may have given Andy the impression I was SLIGHTLY more interested in fish then I actually was. It's all part of the game.
Nate watched it with me and enjoyed it...mostly because he dreams of living in a castle one day and is alwasy worrying about which one to pick. I agree though...its good to be married.
That's too funny. I had a dream (or nightmare rather) the other night that I was single. I woke up VERY glad to be married. I sure don't miss those games.
Dinner was our pleasure--glad you're up here so you could come over. And speaking of... how's this Sunday looking dinner-wise? Come on over to eat with us if you don't have other plans.
Post a Comment