Saturday, July 5, 2008

OBX Day 2

Day 2 started out like most other days would, a trip to the beach! We have never been fans of the Atlantic Ocean after trips to Myrtle Beach and Ocean City but OBX changed our minds. The water temp ranged from cool but pleasant to surprisingly warm. Also, it was a different beach each day. The tides varied such that the mornings were generally tame enough for the kids to play around in while the evenings were wild enough for body surfing for the adults. Jayne, the hardest beach critic due to her San Diego upbringing, was even impressed!
Darcy's first beach trip resulted in a nap in the great sun shelter we bought at Dick's for $20 (more on that later).

After the morning beach trip, lunch consisted of leftovers from the night before or simple sandwiches and what have you. Since we had 6 nights together, the De Waal's cooked three while we took the other three and we each did a breakfast. To be brief, we ate like royalty yet I don't feel nasty and bloated like I normally do after a vacation. It takes a lot of energy to duke it out in the sun for a week. Post meals, the kids might be found playing Rock Band like so, doing puzzles, screaming or napping. Our kids have never slept so soundly than after a few hours in the sun.

2 comments:

adventure knitter said...

Wow! Look at you already blogging about our trip...I haven't even downloaded our pictures...or really unpacked...or picked up the mess that we dropped in front of our door when we walked it yesterday... I love the picture of the kids playing rock band...and I'd like to point out that I was sleeping in while that was happening! Thanks for keeping an eye on our kids in the morning! Ahhh....what a vacation!

Surf Paparazzi said...

So cool! Im glad you put up some pictures :)

PS - Maybe I'll come over tomorrow to play rock band. Looks like fun!