Monday, July 7, 2008

OBX Continued


From this point on the days begin to blur so I'll stop numbering them. Also, as I try to pick out the best photos, there are just too many good ones. I'm just going to make a slide show and put it up in the side column for you all to enjoy. 

Wednesday brought more of the same with beach trips but this time the evening one was SOOOOOOO aweseome! The water was so warm and the kids had made a fort and wading pool so we were all able to do some body surfing. Jayne really enjoyed herself, as you can see above.



On Tuesday, Jayne and I took a break from the morning beach trip and biked down to the Currituck Lighthouse. Built in 1870, it is the only lighthouse in OBX that has kept its brick facade and paintless. It was $7 to climb to the top and I didn't have any cash so we just took our time at the bottom. We went into the gift shop and bought our souvenir Christmas ornament. We get one for every vacation so that we can remember them all come December. After the evening beach excursion, we put the kids to bed and snuck out to a nearby strip mall and got some homemade ice cream and a shirt for Jeff's birthday (July 21st).

 

1 comment:

Surf Paparazzi said...

That is my San Diego sister :) I am so proud!