Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Hawaii


Here are a few more photos from our Hawaii trip. A special thanks to Sjauna for taking some great photos of us. You can see them all in the gallery.
While in Waikiki, we hiked Diamond Head Crater. The hike itself was great as it hugged the side of the mountain and the view up top was spectacular! I shot a bunch of footage during the hike and throughout the trip so hopefully I'll find some time to put it all together.
I finally bought a Hawaiian shirt! A bonus was that it wasn't totally lame.
The Schorr's were great hosts for the remainder of the trip after we left Waikiki. In this photo, we were visiting some of the spots where they film the show "Lost" so Jayne and I were totally geeking out. Unfortunately, we didn't take a whole lot of picture with the Schorr's themselves. Sjauna was sick because she is pregnant and Dave had the flu (not swine flu) so they were camera shy. They may feel like they were being lazy and poor hosts but it was simply fabulous to just chat and play board games with them. They took us to a great local burger place and introduced us to...
Mochi! Imagine a a thin, flavored rice ball filled with ice cream. Oh so good! All in all, chilling with the Schorr's was my favorite part of the trip. They had moved out to the island before we left. Now we could give our formal goodbyes. So thanks Dave and Sjauna for the room and Owen and Evie for being great kids. I wish we could have stayed a few days longer. Alas, that pesky job forced us back.

MOCHI UPDATE!!! I just came home from work and Jayne surprised with with a box of Mochi, made by a company in Hawaii to boot! Raspberry filled with white chocolate ice cream. She found them at Whole Foods. Oh my, we live in the best town ever.

5 comments:

Sjauna said...

What I want to know is what the heck am I doing in that picture? Do I talk like that all the time? Maybe I should have posed for a picture, haha.

Jamie said...

Glad you liked Diamond Head, we really liked that hike too :-)

Parkinson Family said...

Oh so fun! What a great trip for you guys to make! Hooray for a little time without the kids. Glad you had fun! I'm looking forward to Lost already.

Laura said...

FYI- trader joes also has mochi. They were just handing out samples while we were there the other night.

Sheryl said...

What an awesome trip. Love mochi--very different, but good. You two look fantastic in all the pics. Nice that Jeff has a big kid bike--awesome.