Saturday, August 1, 2009

Camp Out




A tent, fire ring and fishing. Did we go to Yosemite? The Sierra Nevada Mountains? No. Our living room. I made the fishing boat for a game for Jeff's birthday party. We made a tent and then it grew and grew. I was surprised at how much they loved this. We built a fire ring with blocks and roasted marshmallows (craft pompoms) on plastic forks. We even cooked some fish we caught. Then we went on a "hike". Though the woods, past the lake, up the mountain (stairs) and crawled into a cave (MB closet). But there was a bear so we ran back down the mountain and hid in the tent. The bear came and ate our fish, so when he left we had to catch some more. It was really fun. I love that they have an imagination and want to discover and play.

4 comments:

adrienne and ryan said...

How fun, what a cute idea.

The Larsens said...

Oh my goodness how cute is that? That is so sweet that you would come up with such a good idea. I might have to try something like that. Hopefully my oldest isn't too old. A fireplace made of legos-GENIUS!

Clark and Liesel said...

That is adorable! I love the imagination you all have!

Tiffany said...

That's an awesome idea, and a lot less messy than really going camping (although I love that too). I'll have to steal the idea for Kaiden. He'd love it!