Having discovered last year that we rather enjoyed a small Thanksgiving, we had a small get together with the Parkinson's at our home. Jayne made her awesome "Emeril Turkey" and once again, it turned out great! Brining a turkey, who knew it would make it so awesome?!
Another tradition from Jayne's side of the family is the annual Rice Krispie Treat Turkey. Jayne made the mold and I made the construction paper feathers. We then go around the room and say something for which we are grateful and insert a feather. The picture above is the end result. So much gratitude. We then proceeded to get fatter.
"Did you have as much fun as I did Darcy?"
"You betcha girlfriend!"
4 comments:
Glad you guys had such a great Thanksgiving! I love the Rice Krispie turkey idea- very cute!
What a fun idea turkey rice krispy treat idea. My family always goes around the table and says something we're grateful for. That's a fun way to do it.
Hooray for Thanksgiving! Thanks for letting us celebrate with your family! We had a perfect day! I love this post and the dialogue between Darcy and Mackenzi!
I am all in for the turkey brining. I did it for the first time this year and it was delicious if I do say so myself.
Post a Comment