Well, the 1st Annual Pie Party was a great success! Thanks to everybody who came. The open house format seemed to work well. About 25 people came and went, with the greatest group being about 13 or 14 at any given time. Pies ranged from cherry to chocolate, mousse to meringue fresh to frozen, bought to baked. There was even a dessert pizza! Sickness prevented a lot of people from attending and a little movie by the name of Twilight swayed the less devoted pie aficionados but that's cool, we still had a blast. At any rate, we really appreciate all who participated by lending a table or just stopping in. Rock Band was a huge hit as expected. I think the girls rocked harder than the boys. I hear Lindsey could sub in for Linkin Park anytime. Check out the gallery for more photos and a video.
Lessons Learned for Next Year:
Take more pictures
Send people home with more pie. We have lots left if anybody wants to stop by for a slice.
6 comments:
I would definitely agree that it was a big success. We had a blast and are wondering who will throw the pie party for Owings Mills next year when you guys are gone. :( Thanks for being great hosts and not kicking us out when we showed up empty handed.
Ahhh!! I am so honored my name made the post. My voice may not be suited for actual singing but I am up for belting (i.e. screaming) out Linkin Park any day. Throw a little head banging in there and it's even better. We had fun!!
Pie Party 2009 at the Miller's House confirmed!
Looks like it was a ton of fun. Sorry that we couldn't make it. Chad got home late from rotation and by that time, Parker was completely worn out. We even had a pie that is now just sitting in the fridge, and I really don't want to eat the whole thing!!!
AJ and Jayne, I'm not surprised that you are the ones to host a party....you're both so good to those around you! I missed you at our family dinner table, though. Maybe next year...and definitely this Christmas. Grandma practically has the beds made with fresh sheets. We are excited. AJ, to answer your question, Tanner and Charee are in AZ for a new job. Charee is very lonely, but it's only been less than a week and they will be blessed with their new adventure. Link up to their blog utahbrownies.blogspot.com and see the sweet message. They could use some all around cousin love. Love you bunches, auntie
this sounds like a lot of fun! might consider it for next year... ;)
Post a Comment