Sunday, November 30, 2008

This Year's Best

  A fellow member of the Papiamento translation team, Naomi, posted an entry on her blog highlighting her favorite things this year. I posted about my favorite websites last week, but I liked her idea and am now copying it! I invite all of you to do the same on your blogs. It will be fun. Try to keep each category to less than 3. So without further ado, my list of favorite things this year:

Movies 
The Dark Knight
Wall E
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
             
Locations
Outer Banks, NC
San Diego, CA
Seattle, WA

Real People
Jayne
Jeff
Darcy

Less Real People
Wall E
Marcus Fenix

TV Shows
Lost
Pushing Daisies
30 Rock

Restaurants
Andy Nelson's BBQ in Timonium
The Oregon Grill in Hunt Valley
Bonefish Grill in Owings Mills

Books
The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

Hobbies
Running
Gaming
Job Getting

Events
Running the Baltimore Marathon - Oct 11
Outer Banks Trip - June 30 - July 6
Weekly Pizza Night - Every Friday

Songs
Peace of Mind - Boston
I Am the Greatest Man Who Ever Lived - Weezer
Still Alive - Jonathan Coulton and GlaDOS

6 comments:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

i always thought of myself as a trend setter, hahaha, thanks for confirming that. i am glad you had fun doing this, and by reading yours i actually discovered a few categories i had left out. so be on the watchout for a follow up on my blog.

Nate and Lori said...

I think everything is great except Wall E. Sorry but we were bored out of our mind. On a nicer note, I did hear that Pushing Daisies is a hilarious show that I'm going to have to start watching now. You can look for the Miller's top list in a few weeks. We've got to start thinking about things.

AJ said...

You too! I don't understand how people don't like Wall E. I was so moved I freaking teared up during that movie! Sorry, you are free to like and dislike what you want. I just figured that Pixar movies were universally loved.

As for Pushing Daisies. It looks like it is getting cancelled so at least you get about 21 episodes of goodness. Season 1 was only 9 episodes because of the writers strike.

Clark and Liesel said...

Why isn't the Office listed under TV shows? I am a little dissappointed....But Pushing Daisy's is one that we saw over the break for the first time. It seems interesting!

AJ said...

Well Clark/Liesel, I still love The Office, but I found myself anticipating 30 Rock more each week. Another honorable mention would go to the Web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. That is a great 35 minutes. Check it out on iTunes.

Lewis Fam said...

Hey guy's Charee and Tanner moved to AZ I am sure you heard by now anyway it was a decision that was made and then 3 weeks later they were gone. Tanner might go to MBA school unless he finds a job that would make him reconsider. They are coming into town the same day you are. I am so dang excited to have everyone together again. See ya soon.