Saturday, June 14, 2008
BSO My!
Jayne and I went to the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra performance in the city last night. Our friends the Schorr's had some tickets but were going to be out of town so we bought them. The piece was Rachmoninoff's Piano Concerto No. 3 wit Barry Douglas at the piano. Apparently he is a world renowned pianist and man did he bring the house down. If you haven't every heard this piece, I found it for $3.00 on iTunes. I can't begin to fathom a human playing the piano like that. Absolutely phenomenal and so moving. It is a shame that we haven't gone to the symphony more. As the performance went on, I had the thought that it might be good to go to one of these a year wherever we are. Another performancy that I have REALLY wanted to go to is in July. It is a symphony of music from classic video game franchises like Mario Bros, Final Fantasy, Halo and more. So awesome! Anyways, Jayne was wishy-washy about going but mid-way through last night's show, she leaned over and said "We're going to the video game one." Score! July 18th if anybody is interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, that sounds wonderful! I love the Piano Concerto No. 2, i don't think i have ever heard number three...
Awwww... I'm so sad we couldn't go. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though! We love the symphony! (and we've told you about the kids shows too, right?)
I have heard that video game one is really really good. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment