ISAT (Integrated Science and Therapeutics) I-IV broke everything down by disease state and said "Here's the condition, here's how it is diagnosed, here's how you treat it, here's how you monitor to see if your treatment is working or not." It was intense, it was frustrating at times, but overall, I learned so much and am excited to really put it into practice as I spend my whole 4th year on rotations at various sites.
I haven't mentioned where I was assigned yet have I. Well here goes. Each rotation is 5 weeks long and goes from May 27, 2008-April 24, 2009. The sites are:
- Springfield Hospital Center - a psychiatric hospital up in Eldersburg. Casual dress (no white coats to spook the patients) and hours from 9-3. Nice!
- 5 week break
- Highline Medical Center in Seattle, WA. I wanted to see what the Northwest was like so I'm heading out there while Jayne and the kids visit family in Portland for a few of those weeks.
- Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore - don't really know much about this site currently.
- Pain Management/Hospice Care with Dr. McPherson. Great faculty member who is going to work my butt off. I'm expecting it to be tough but rewarding.
- Costco in Arundel Mills. I hear Costco is a great place to work in retail so if Kaiser (my current top career choice) doesn't pan out, they are next on my radar.
- Christmas Break from mid December to mid January
- TA for Fred Lab. This is the practice lab on campus where I will be assisting the lower classes in patient counseling and community practice techniques. Should be cool.
- VA medical center. The VA system is also on my list of potential places to work so I am excited to get a taste of the system.
After all this, I just need my degree and then I can register to take the Boards. Sounds easy right! So here's to another great year and more experience in patient centered pharmaceutical care.
1 comment:
AJ, your mom was just telling us the other day ( while here for Kritin and Jonathan and BABY David)what some of your options and hopes were. But it is always even more fun to hear them from you. LAST class ever.....I still remember my last Masters class and you will remember this for a very long time...trust me. I am so proud of you; it is a very significant time in your life you deserve to celebrate it over and over again, emotionally and gratefully. I love you so much and miss you all. We will be celebrating early Grandma's birthday on the 24th...you will all be missed. Love you sweet one and pray for you all to be safe and very content with where you are in your life. Auntie
Post a Comment