I have a goal to get organized and I am trying to do 1-3 things a day to do that (more on that later). So today I made this menu/meal board. It is basic because I made it from what I had, but I think it will really help. I was inspired by
this magnetic board from a great blog I have started to read. It looked way to involved for me to tackle so I simplified it. I typed up meals we eat on a regular basis (this was a feat in itself), printed and cut them out, backed them with cute paper, and stuck them to magnets. Then I made a title and stuck everything to a cookie sheet. In the future I will look for a cute magnetic calendar and hang it up. I think this will help me plan meals and organize our shopping trips. I know it could be a ton cuter, but I am going for function and finishing. Now at the beginning of the month I just move everything around like a game and plan out our shopping. Much better than fretting every afternoon and creating
something from my pantry. This method doesn't always work out so well.
6 comments:
Love it, it always feels good to get more organized in my mind. And your board IS cute!
Great job Jayne. We made menu boards last November for our Super Saturday and once I finally got around to completing mine (January) I put it to use. It definitely relieves stress from my life knowing what's for dinner. I love planning out the meals, buying the ingredients and having the flexibility to change things if needed. I'm impressed that you made one by yourself!
That is such a genius idea! And I love that you used a cookie sheet as the magnet board, I never would have thought of that! I think I am going to have to steal this idea from you.
Wow! You are awesome. I love it when I get motivated to do something like that. It doesn't happen very often at my house:) I really struggle with planning meals. I know it would make my life easier, but I just can't get myself to do it.
I do the same thing kind of. I just put it on ical as an event w/dinner having it's own color. Then I can move them around as I wish and I can look back at past moths and copy and past to a future month. It makes it great. I use zip list and the zip list app as well. When I go shopping I can just add the already typed up ingredient to my shopping list. I know your fam is into mac stuff too so I thought you'd appreciate it :) Cute idea!
what a great idea! i just went and got a few things to make my own. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment