Here is our 5 year old couch
Here is the stuff we found tonight in our 5 year old couch
Here is my wedding ring that I lost 2 years ago that was stuck in our 5 year old couch.Some Background:
Let us flash back to our very first Pie Party in November of 2008. Amidst all the pie being consumed, many of us were down in the basement of our town house in Maryland playing Rock Band. Being one who liked to play the drums, I was sitting on the couch doing just that. Since I had lost about 30 lbs the year before, my wedding ring fit very loosely on my ring finger. As such, when I played Rock Band drums, the clanging of the drumsticks on my ring tended to hurt my finger. So that night, I took it off and put it in my jean's pocket. At the end of the night, I couldn't find the darn ring anywhere. I looked under the couch, in any cracks in the couch I could imagine but it was nowhere to be found. We looked off and on for that ring for a good 3 months! Admitting defeat, I finally bought a cheap $75 titanium ring some months later.
Flash forward to tonight Jayne and I were talking about the day and through a chain of topics, arrived at my lost ring, wondering what it would be worth today with the price of gold and all. Jayne mentioned that there must be some sort of pockets in there that would have trapped the ring. Suddenly, inspiration hit me and I said to her, "That's it, were going down stairs to search that couch one more time!" Jayne thought it unlikely, "That couch has been through two houses and across the country, it would have been shaken out or something." Nevertheless, we went down, flipped the sucker over and gave it a thorough pat down, TSA style. When we flipped on its back, we were some rustling that sounded like precious metal on the far side as pictured. Lo and behold, there was a secret pocket that had a treasure trove of items such as the book, a wooden cow, and 50 cents. Jayne was feeling around when she exclaimed, "I think this is it!" I reached in to confirm, it certainly was my ring, securely wedged between the wood pieces. After much jostling, the ring came out and we hugged in disbelief.
We had considered selling or donating this couch on many occasions as it has seen better days. Boy are we glad that we didn't after tonight. It still had one thing left to give.
8 comments:
Wow - What a story!I'm so glad you found your ring!
That is an amazing story! How awesome that you found it. Does it fit? You better hot glue it on your finger this time. =o)
Hope you guys are doing well! We miss you!
Wow! That's AWESOME! Haha, it's funny that you guys went to look for it and actually found it. That is truly amazing!
Wow! Who knew a couch could hide something so small so well? Glad you finally found it!
A similar story happened to us! We were confidant our oldest child had thrown away the remote to the TV when she was 1 and a year after our move to AZ (3 years after it disappeared) we dumped the recliner in the same fashion and found it. We've had to turn it over multiple times to find items. Glad you found your ring and gave it one more shot!
Great story!
Wow, excellent story! I remember that pie party too! We have a loveseat with the same type of pocket, but after losing a couple precious pacifiers in there it is no longer a secret. So glad you searched one last time before getting rid of the couch!
wow, that's crazy!!!
Post a Comment