So I had my 30th birthday on the 10th with only a little bit of fanfare. I had ideas going all year long of what to do or where to go but it all sort of fizzled out. Instead, we went to Claim Jumper with my parents and a few friends/co-workers and I proceeded to vomit later that night. The food was not actually to blame, it was merely catch-up from my disease laden children who all had similar nausea and vomiting the weekend before. My healthy constitution just couldn't fight it off anymore. As a joint birthday present to me/Christmas present for Jayne, we did buy a nice sectional couch and ottoman for the upstairs. Thanks to my
Shortly before we moved to our current house this past June, I was sitting in a Sacrament meeting in our Rocklin Ward. It was fast Sunday and many of the recent high school graduates bore testimony as they were preparing to leave for college. Toward the end, our Stake Patriarch stood up and bore testimony to those kids about how the next 10 years of their lives would be the time they made the most important decisions they could ever make. College, career, spouse, kids, place to live, etc. As I close the decade of my 20's, his words couldn't be more true. I am so grateful for God's hand in those decisions that all came to pass during that time and look back with little regret. So here's to 10 more years of decision, experiences, triumphs and failures.
5 comments:
Happy late birthday!!! I think you should go on safari for your b-day.... (just an idea...)
Happy Birthday AJ! That's a very nice sectional and your words really rang true about the last ten years of your life. I'll be thirty next year. Instead of feeling old, I am feeling grateful, and can see that you feel the same way. Have a very Merry Christmas with your beautiful family!
Just getting caught up on the family blogs tonight and as always I love to read your writings. The last 30 years of watching you grow up, AJ, has been a treasure of sweet memories and giggles, with a mound of pride beyong any gold. I love you all.
Puking on your birthday is like dying on your wedding day. I can think of very little more tragic and ironic. That's a true shame.
Happy birthday though! Thirty has been pretty awesome for me. If you want any tips on how to be a 30- year-old, I've been at it for about six months now. I can totally show you the ropes...
Also, nice sectional! And merry Christmas (again)! We miss you guys.
That is a no bueno birthday--I hate puking. Happy thirty years to you, though!
I loved reading the paragraph about your last ten years--hooray!! Isn't nice to look back and be thankful and not regretful, eh?
Post a Comment