Grant William Edman joined our family this afternoon at 2:18 PM. He was a biggun!
As you can see by the scale, he was 9 lbs, 1.2 oz. I remembered it as 1.4 so I was a bit off from what I told everyone via Facebook and such.
Jayne was such a trooper. Here she is walking around trying to get things moving along. The nursing staff called her "Super Mom" lol. We have been awaiting his arrival for quite sometime. The OB said at her appointment on 06/04 that he was 100% sure she would go into labor before her next appointment. Didn't happen. At her appointment on 06/11, he was 100% sure she would go into labor over the weekend. Didn't happen. Thankfully, his Plan B was to have her induced today. We called the hospital at 5:30 AM to see if they had room. This being a "Social Induction" we had to make sure they had a room for us. Thankfully, they did and we made our way down. Dr. Lambourne came in about 7:30 to break her water but stopped just short of it as he noticed that Grant had his hand on his head. Breaking it then would have resulted in a hand popping out first! So he had her walk around Labor and Delivery for about 40 minutes to see if we could get things going on her own. That was a possibility as she had been contracting for about 5 days now. Well, things sort of remained the same so Pitocin was started. When the contractions increased, the Epidural was given and Jayne praised modern medicine at that point. Honestly, the staff here at Sutter was top notch as were the facilities.
The time came to push and after two short contractions, out came Grant! Jayne did wonderful as did Grant. It was a little scary as he came out since there was myconium in the amniotic fluid and he wasn't crying at first. Thankfully, the OB saw this early and called the NICU team down. They were waiting for him right as he was born and promptly suctioned out his mouth and nose, did their magic (I didn't see what they did as they rushed him to the corner and worked on him) and he was crying like a champ in under 30 seconds. We felt very fortunate.
This photo was taken the night before. Aside from being the night before her induction, it was momentous because we discovered that we both weighed the same!
And here's the happy family of five. Can you believe it? We can't! Darcy said the cutest thing when she heard Grant had arrived. Grandma Debbie, who has been with us for over a week and a huge help with the kids, told her the Grant was here and she immediately exclaimed, "I want to go see Baby Grant right now!" The kids loved him at first glance. We are so grateful to our Father in Heaven to have blessed us with such a wonderful child. And thanks to all of you who have kept us in your prayers and have already sent heartfelt congratulations.
This photo was taken the night before. Aside from being the night before her induction, it was momentous because we discovered that we both weighed the same!
23 comments:
Congrats! Grant is such a cute name! I was wondering what you guys would name baby #3. He's cute and looks like Jeff! What a big baby, way to go Jayne. Hooray for our baby boys with the same birthdays!!
Congratulations! We're glad everything went well and you got him out before he gained any more weight! Hopefully the myth that they sleep longer soon when they weigh more will hold true for you.
Congratulations Edman family. Good work Jayne, Grant is as cute as can be.
Ahh...he's so cute! I love his name too! COngrats!
Congrats on a BIG baby boy!!! Wow!!! All that chub should help him sleep like a champ! Five sure is fun - enjoy!
Congrats! So fun to see your darling family growing. We miss you guys. Hope all is going well. Best wishes!
Awesome!! I'm so happy he's here healthy and safe. Cute name!
Congrats you guys! I'm glad everything turned out well, and Jayne and Grant are doing well. That is a bit crazy that you are a family of five! :) loves to your whole family!
Congrats and I like the name. Strong!
Congratulations! Grant is adorable! I'm glad he is healthy and mama is happy! You have a beautiful family!
Congratulations! Glad everything went well, hope the recovery goes smoothly for Jayne.
YAY!! You all look great as a family of five. I love the pic of Jayne walking around the hospital--way to go Jayne!
Congratulations! Love the name Grant.
Yay!! What a beautiful family! Way to go, Jayne, for delivering a 9+ lb baby. :)
congratulations onf the new arrival!
Congrats! He is a cutie!
Congrats to all the Edmans, and good job Jayne! I love big, squishy babies! He is adorable!
Hey I've been meaning to check up on you! Congratulations!!!
Best news! We are so glad your baby Grant arrived safely! He is precious. So happy big sis and big bro love him too! Way to go Jayne on delivering a big healthy boy! We miss you guys!
Congratulations Edmans!! We're excited for you and glad he arrived safely!!
congrats! I hope you are doing well! Number three has been a big doozey for me. I am definitely out numbered. He looks darling can't wait to see more pictures of him.
I'm finally trying to catch up reading everyone's blogs. What a cutie! Congrats, and I'm glad things went well.
Congrats on the new baby! That's so exciting! Grant is a great name. That is my dad's name, so we used it for one of the twin's middle names "Brigham Grant". We have our fourth boy due in November. Crazy!! Exciting for you guys to be in a new house. Glad things are going well for you guys!
Post a Comment