(Just as we sit down on our pew an older couple in their 60's or 70's looks back as us)
Man: So are we going to have to deliver a baby today?
Jayne: No, four more weeks
Woman: Must be twins.
Jayne: No, just one.
Man (somewhat under his breath): Probably triplets.
Later in Sunday School...
Different Woman: Are you sure its not until June?
Jayne: Pretty sure.
9 comments:
don't you just LOVE other people! seriously people, think before you say something like that to an 8-month pregnant woman! I feel your pain.
Oh why do people say such DUMB things? It's like when people see a pregnant person, they immediately have no brain and throw all common manners and common courtesy out the window. I am glad you can laugh about it! Jayne I think you look amazing and are so cute pregnant!
What is amazing to me is to hear about older women making these rude comments. Seems hard to fathom that they forget that much with age!
This is Jayne. Some of the worst comments are from older women. When I was pregnant with Jeff one of the grandmas in the ward told me I was as big as she was when she had twins. And I wasn't even full term yet. I think there was a different precident for how much weight should be gained with each pregnancy.
The best part about this experience is that they were visiting and sitting two rows in front of us. I caught him staring at me for a few minutes so I smiled and said hi. And then the exchange went down. I was pretty miffed at first but then just started laughing. It was just incredible to me how rude their words were. But I am pretty big this time around so I shouldn't be too surprised. I am a little nervous that this baby is going to be 12 lbs.
What?! That's funny.
People are SO rude. Everyone carries babies differently and I think you are a beautiful pregnant lady.
Old people lose all common courtesy, it's like they think "you know what? I'm done being polite, I'm just gonna say what I think at all times." and then their spouse goes "yeah, that's a great idea, I think I'll do it too" In Jamie's words "jiminy christmas!"
I agree, for whatever reason people say the dumbest things to pregnant people. I guess it's bc I'm on #4 but I feel (and look) like I'm already 8mo. pregnant already. You should have told him HE looked he was having twins too. :) Hey, if it's ok for them to be rude I say give it right back.
oops, didn't mean to say "already" twice.
Post a Comment