
Once again, November brings about the start of the Holiday Season. And once again, we kicked it off a bit early with our 2nd Annual Edman Family Pie Party. We had another great turnout this year but all of our Maryland friends were greatly missed. In attendance this year were a couple of marathon and 1/2 marathon runners who ran their races the same day, a bushel of small and large hungry kids, some old high school friends, my parents and many other ward friends so we had plenty of hungry folks.

Jayne made not one, but two lemon chess pies that were a big hit. I let my mom take the honors of making her amazing chocolate mousse pie and I attempted a butterscotch banana cream pie this year. That tasted great but I didn't cook the custard long enough so it didn't thicken up so well. Nevertheless, runny pie is better than no pie! A big thank you to all who came and shared their favorite pies with everyone. Once again we had waaaay too much pie left over so we set out this afternoon with pie care packages for those that couldn't make it. I like pie and all, but I also like being skinny.

Here the kids (and Jayne) were enthralled with Up. We thought that a greater number of kids would be a problem but the movie, Rock Band and the train table up in Jeff's room kept them entertained. Problem solved!
5 comments:
OH so fun. Sad we missed out on an Edman pie party...we were thinking of hosting it in honor of your tradition but have yet to set anything up so it probably won't happen. Glad you had fun. That is a big group!
MMmmmmm that looks amazingly good. It sounds like you had a great time--that is a fun tradition.
Yum! That sounds like a great tradition! I may have to start this in my family!
can you send me a pie package??? how did i not make that list??
I too like pie and like to be skinny... a problem. The lemon one did, in fact, rock.
Post a Comment