Sunday, March 1, 2009

Be Prepared: Fo Reals

Yesterday, Jayne and I drove down to the temple with the intention of each doing a session while the other watched the kids. Jayne went first, but it was apparent that they wouldn't hold out for me so we decided that I would go another day. Much to our surprise, the car would not start. The battery was dead! That was surprising because the van is only 2.5 years old and we had the radio on for maybe 20 minutes, hardly enough to drain the battery. At any rate, I asked around to see if anybody had some cables but no such luck. Thankfully, we have roadside assistance with our insurance so a quick call and help arrived about 30 minutes later. I distinctly remember being on the phone with Geico about 2 years ago and was asked if I would like to add this service to our plan. The cost? About $7 every 6 months. I was so glad that I did that way back then.

1 comment:

Nate and Lori said...

We got so sick of having dead batteries that we took my dads advice and now replace the battery every year whether it needs it or not. Although I'm thinking that the $7 every 6 months is a cheaper option.