Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sharing a Room


We have decided to have Jeff and Darcy share a room instead of Jeff and the baby. We figured they sleep through the night and would be better in the same room. So last Saturday we bought Darcy a big kid twin bed.

The first night she tried it out for a few minutes and then went and slept in her crib. (We had tried putting the crib mattress on the floor a few weeks ago but it didn't really work. So we are keeping the crib an option so she feels like she has more of a choice.) The second night she slept in the big bed in Jeff's room until 5am. The next night 1:45am. The night after that she was back in the crib for the whole night. The next night she slept the whole night in the big bed and then they both woke up early and played for a while. It was a little buggy, but at least they didn't come crying for breakfast right away.

Last night was the best though. I put them both to bed and Darcy was having trouble setting down. She came out and I put her back in the big bed. Then she came out again and asked to sleep in the crib. So I tucked her in the crib, but did not turn on a nightlight or fan. (Those were both moved into Jef's room.) She was quiet so I went downstairs to unload the dishwasher. About 10 minutes later I hear her yelling and crying. I go upstairs and listen for a minute and hear her cry, "Mommy, I want to sleep in my big bed, I DO, I DO!" So I moved her to the big bed and she slept there all night.

I wonder if she was feeling lonely and she figured out she likes it better with her big brother.

1 comment:

Mackenzi Parkinson said...

So fun to have them together! Big girl Darcy! We miss you guys!