Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crab Feed

Jayne and I went to my old high school last weekend for the annual Justin-Siena Crab Feed. This was the 25th year of its existence and we had a great time seeing old friends, teachers and coaches. One of my classmates set up a Class of '99 table with about a dozen of us there. It was the first time I've been able to attend the event since I graduated. We had a lawyer, a dentist (non-Mormon one can you believe it?), a doctor, a pharmacist, an accountant and a Vinyard Manager (I think he has the coolest job of any of us). The crab was delicious this year but we missed the vinegar and Old Bay and will definitely bring them next year. At the end of the night there was dancing with a live band. It was humorous to see other people get down since we were likely the only sober ones left that evening.

All of the proceeds went to the school athletic department so I was happy to support it. During dinner there was an auction for various things and man were people throwing out some serious scratch. We were remotely interested in one item, a stay at a cabin in Tahoe for up to 8 people. We naively thought that if it were hovering around $500 we could try for it. It went for $4000! $5000 to have box seats at a Warriors game (excluded Lakers, Cavs, Mavs, Celtics), $1600 for your kid to have a reserved parking spot at the school. Yikes!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Made the connection on FB this week that you played football with BRandon LaRocco... funny.